Wednesday, January 30, 2013

14 Weeks!!!!


Another week down! This week our sweet baby is the size of a lemon!


And what is our sweet child up to these days?


  • She's probably sucking her thumb and wiggling her toes in there! 
  • Her kidneys are making urine, and her liver and spleen are doing their jobs, too.
  • And she's growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz-like hair, all over her body -- it will help her keep warm!


On Monday (yes, sorry I haven't been keeping up with my updates) we had our appointment with the MFM (maternal fetal medicine) doctor which included that "detailed" ultrasound they mentioned when they called. It was fabulous to get to see our little lemon baby playing away on the screen. Complete with sticking her hand in her mouth, flipping around, bouncing from one side of the sac to the other and sometimes just sitting completely still so we could just stare at her in awe. 

Brian captured a few seconds of the screen. She was fairly calm here but you can still see her moving a bit and sticking that hand in her mouth!

Did I mention I LOVE this baby?!!!


video

Brian and I also completely broke down and decided to ask if they could give us any inclination as to the sex of the baby. The tech who started the scan couldn't get her to uncross her little legs for anything but when we met with the doctor she was much more cooperative and gave him a nice, long look at her bum!

Which brings me to the next point!

It's obviously still incredibly early and when the doctor started out he of course gave us all the normal talk about how he was probably only going to be able to guess at this stage and not to hold him to it but the longer he looked and as he got to check her out at all different angles his final statement was, "Guys, I'm actually really confident this is a GIRL. There is NOTHING happening down there. Absolutely no hint of any meat and potatoes!". So we're taking it!  If for no other reason than it sure is fun to celebrate having a baby girl for the next four weeks until they can verify during the anatomy scan (which is set for 2/25).

We also decided to go ahead and enjoy the moment because my PgAL brain knows all too well....well I don't need to explain. 

But we announced the happy news to our families. I have another short video (sorry its terrible quality) of us announcing to the in laws, letting my 5 year niece and 8 year old nephew do the honors! It was so much fun!


video




15 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Baby girls are just amazing! So happy to hear that everything is progressing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been following your blog for at least a year now.. i am so so happy for you! i look forward to your postings and they literally make my whole week when i see updates for these updates. just know you have someone in kentucky thinking of you and praying for you! congrats x 10000000!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a little girl!! Have fun shopping! By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. There is more info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Yeah!!! A girl!!!! Congrats!

    I am so stinkin happy for you! Prayers answered, and she looks great!

    Thank you so much for sharing her with us.

    ((hugz))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that is so neat!!! I am new to following you, so congratulations on your little girl! I am excited to follow you on the rest of your journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh a girl?! I cannot wait to go shopping for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So cute! That little girl is going to be loved to pieces! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay a little sister for your heaven babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh, congratulations!!!! i am SO happy for you!! that video of baby moving and shaking was so neat! and to find out the gender - yay! congratulations on your baby girl! the video made me tear up...so special! <3<3<3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for a baby girl!!!!! So exciting!!!! And wow how are you 14 weeks already??? Time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! (I already knew of course cause I FB stalk you and Brian, hahahaha, totally out of love of course :) )

    <3 you sweetie! I hope to get to see you while I'm in town this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 14 weeks! Man! This time is flying by! Art will be here before you know it! Have you guys picked out a name for this little princess? Btw... your videos totally teared me up. It makes me remember everything about my pregnancy, and how sweet it all was because it took so long to get there. It is going to be so amazing. AHH! I am just so happy for you!!!! I literally could just scream! :-) I have a feeling she is gonna be pretty spoiled! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. =) CONGRATULATIONS on team pink!!! (and a fabulous u/s!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing about your sweet pea...loved how you announced she is a she!!! May God continue to bless you along this journey!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...