Friday, January 18, 2013

Another Surprise Ultrasound! 12w2d

I'm feeling pretty spoiled to keep getting all of these ultrasounds. I just had my 5th one today!

Apparently, my nurse K, couldn't figure out why I was there today. She was out sick during my last appointment and the fill-in nurse apparently left it off my chart that I only needed to come back because I'd lost weight and they wanted to keep track. So, K, sent me for an ultrasound first!

I didn't argue. Though I was a tiny, tiny bit bummed because this was the first appointment that Brian didn't come because we'd been told there'd be no ultrasound! I expected a doppler check and we made sure this little booger was still going strong this morning right before I left for the appointment. If we hadn't found it, obviously, Brian would have been forced to come with me. But we found it in about a minute this time. Though three times longer than its taken the last couple of times so I'll admit even that extra 40 seconds had me freaked!

Baby is still doing great!



Apparently it was nap time this morning though, because he wasn't moving a bit! We jiggled him and poked and nada! Well eventually he moved both his little hands up by his eyes and looked like he was crying. It was seriously the cutest and sweetest thing ever! But then he didn't move again.

Love that baby!


So then I waited for Dr. F. She filled out a referral for me to see a MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine) doctor for my thyroid. All is fine with it to my knowledge at the moment, though, we don't want anything messing with this baby so the MFM can keep a closer eye on it and will know a bit more about what to do!

And I'm secretly hoping that it will just mean more peaks at the baby!

Otherwise, next appointment is February 15th. I'll be 16w2d! (Holy Crap!) and there will NOT be an ultrasound. But then two weeks later I'll get my anatomy scan where we will NOT find out the sex because we want it to be a big suprise! But I'm still really excited and maybe really nervous for that one too! Just praying this baby is healthy, healthy, healthy!

Oh and about my weight, since that was the whole point of the visit. All is well. Thanks to Subway my net weight loss for the first trimester is -1 pound. Not too shabby. But now it's time to start putting on a little weight which I'm sure will be no problem if this baby would get the memo that it's okay to let this mama eat now!

How far along?  12 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain:  - 1 pound

Maternity clothes? Not really, though I'm loving the BeBands, despite weight loss my pants are
incredibly tight! I'd rather not have a muffin top! :P

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep:  Love my sleep. Daily naps are fantastic!

Best moment this week:  Definitely today's surprise ultrasound and seeing our sweet baby!

Miss Anything?  I'll go with a clean house! I've been too sick to keep up! Brian helps but well, he's a man! That should explain it all!

Movement: Not yet.

Food cravings:  I don't think I'm having cravings though I'm still stuck on that one Subway sammich. But it's not so much a craving as it is a single food that my stomach can handle time and time again.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Um, everything! Though I feel better, a LOT better, I'm still almost constantly queasy and in the evenings I'm gagging constantly. Thankfully I haven't thrown up in over a week though!

Gender prediction: Well we've got a higher heart rate so I think the OWT says girl for that one. But then a few other OWT are pointing towards boy. Who cares!

Labor Signs:  Geez, hope not!

Symptoms:  Tired, sore boobs, nausea, headaches, heartburn

Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy!!! Except maybe in the evenings when I feel my worst!

Looking forward to:  Every single day from here on out!

6 comments:

  1. =) love seeing these great updates, and look at that cute baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad You post often because i think about you & Art a lot! Don't you love that at this stage they look like a baby instead of a bean? :) Keep eating & stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Beautiful ultrasound! So neat you've had so many already!! I'm so glad you're doing well and baby is growing strong! Lots of love xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! amazing US! I am so happy that you are doing well. I followed you on the bump and I love reading your blog. You have been nominated for a Liebster award.
    http://rmdavidson92.blogspot.com/2013_01_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow she is growing fast! And I say she, because Haven had a fast heart rate too ;). Ho adorable is it that she was rubbing her sleepy eyes. Awwee!! I am so thrilled that you made it to 12 weeks. You're officially in the safe zone. And your symptoms sound so strong! I'm so happy that you're sick and tired. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...