Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy 15 Weeks to Me!!!

Another milestone that leaves me speechless. I know I sound like a broken record but I simply cannot, CANNOT believe we've made it this far.

We are so in love with this sweet baby!

This week she is the length of a snickers bar and weighs half an ounce more than one! Kind of puts it into perspective!

She's growing a lot, hiccuping, playing around, and all of her joints are working and moving. 

I'm also convinced I can feel her every once in a blue moon. I know its still really early but about once or twice a day the last couple days I feel what I've heard others describe as "bubbles popping" or "popcorn popping" right in the spot where she is. Like I said, it is early, but I was told that my posterior placenta would likely allow me to feel movement pretty early. Which is awesome! But then someone else mentioned it also means you feel labor pains a bit more intensely too. Which is not so awesome! 

I suppose I'll know for sure if its really her I'm feeling as the weeks go on. 

In other news, Brian and I are FINALLY getting around to remodeling our bathroom. Our house is pretty tiny and only has one bathroom. When we moved in we remodeled the kitchen immediately and planned on the bathroom right after. Instead life kept on getting in the way and we have put the bathroom on the back burner. Until now. But its awful. It's so awful in there that I don't really want to show a before and after photo! Well the after picture I will show for sure.

Not sure when exactly construction will start. We're waiting on one other contractor to come by and give us his quote before we decide which one to go with. But it should start within the next 2 weeks!


And now for my weekly update:

How far along?  15 weeks

Total weight gain:  unsure, I'll find out on the 15th at my appointment. I feel like I've probably put on a pound or two though...hopefully not too much!

Maternity clothes? I'm still in regular pants though I'm still loving my BeBands and I'm starting to wear a few maternity shirts, not so much because I need them but because they really make me look like I've got a bump...which I LOVE!

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep:  Finally not so exhausted, no longer need to nap every single day. Or any day actually! Sleeping fairly good at night but tossing and turning a lot, thinking about getting a Boppy Full Body pillow.

Best moment this week:  Every single time I listen to her heart beating.

Miss Anything?  Nope!

Movement:  Maybe!

Food cravings:  No real cravings. Aversions are letting up though...still not a fan of ground beef. All meats I used to love are still a bit weird to me but I can eat some steak and chicken. I do eat a LOT more beans than ever before which I'm assuming is because I'm not eating meat, so I guess that is a craving.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  More heartburn than nausea this week. Which I'll gladly take. Everything gives me heartburn though. I say that...I've discovered that I just have to eat all day long. No big meals. And by big I simply mean no normal sized meals, I have to eat a fourth of a meal at a time, wait an hour, eat another fourth, wait an hour.....

Gender prediction: We're still going with girl until the 25th when we know with more certainty!

Labor Signs:  Geez, hope not!

Symptoms:  Tired, sore boobs, nausea, headaches, heartburn

Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy!!!

Looking forward to:  Every single day from here on out!

 BabyFetus Ticker

6 comments:

  1. I had the Leachco Back N Body pillow & I loved it!! It was worth every cent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are nesting. ;-)

    So excited for you bloggie friend!!!

    ((hugz))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your updates!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I look so forward to these updates every week. Love for you and sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been AWOL from blogger for a while and was so thrilled to see this post when I logged in today. CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...