Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sixteeeeeen!!!

Only 168 days left!

And we've grown from an orange to an....avacado?!

Don't ask. I don't know about where you're from but oranges around here are a lot bigger than a little avacado.

So I also found this to further confuse you on how big baby is:


Tarzan's Guide says she is the size of a small stud finder.

Either way, she's bigger than she was last week!

She's also growing tiny bones in her ears so if she can't already soon she'll be able to hear us! We've been talking to her for a while now but I'm excited to think about her actually being able to hear us!

Taste buds are forming, and she's growing eyelashes, eyebrows, and more hair.

And I'm even more convinced that last week (and this week) I was feeling her move and kick a bit. Some days it was more noticeable than others but every single time I used the doppler for longer than a few seconds I could feel bubbles popping like crazy directly underneath the doppler. Not a sensation I've ever felt before and considering it would start when the doppler was turned on and stop once I turned it off I just know it was her, probably telling me to quit bothering her! So I'm back to only using it for a few seconds a day. But loving the fact that I can feel her! I'm not sure I felt her at all yesterday, afterall her little legs are incredibly tiny, but I'm pretty sure I've already felt her this morning!


And my weekly update:

How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain:  Still unsure. But my appointment is in two days.

Maternity clothes? I'm still in regular pants though I'm still loving my BeBands and I'm starting to wear a few maternity shirts, not so much because I need them but because they really make me look like I've got a bump...which I LOVE!

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep: Sleeping through the night and no naps needed!

Best moment this week:  Feeling her tiny legs kick!

Miss Anything? Nope!

Movement: Maybe!

Food cravings: No real cravings. Aversions are letting up though...still not a fan of ground beef. All meats I used to love are still a bit weird to me but I can eat some steak and chicken. I do eat a LOT more beans than ever before which I'm assuming is because I'm not eating meat, so I guess that is a craving.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Still gagging every.single.time I brush my teeth. But overall feeling fantastic. Heartburn in the evenings now, instead of all day. But this morning I feel like I've gone back in time to week 7 with the morning sickness.

Gender prediction: We're still going with girl until the 25th when we know with more certainty!

Labor Signs: Geez, hope not!

Symptoms:  Sore boobies, heartburn, occasional mild nausea

Belly Button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy!!!

Looking forward to: Every single day from here on out!


6 comments:

  1. Happy 16 weeks!! I always laugh at the fruit and vegetables they compare the baby to. :) so glad you're feeling fantastic! Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for 16 weeks!! (Pregnant chicken.com says this week is also the size of a grenade - a little more relatable than a stud finder, I THINK... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is flying!!! Woot! Happy 16 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Just think in 4 weeks you will be half way there :D Do you think you'll get a 4D ultrasound?? those things are cool

    -Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I've always given the side-eye to these food comparisons too. I think later you go from a banana to an apple? Or something else equally ridiculous. ;-)

    Congrats on making it this far!!! Almost halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember loving maternity clothes with my first. I hope you coninue to love them ;-) know you will!

    So stinkin happy for you!
    ((hugz))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...